The Central Accounts Section working under the supervision of Chief Accounts Officer and under the control of Worthy Commissioner, JMC. There are 30 Nos. permanent employees working in this section. Out of these 27 Nos. employees, 06 Nos. Accounts Personal are on deputation from the J&K Finance Deptt., rest of employees are from the Corporation. The Central Accounts Section deals with all types of financial matters of JMC. Besides the drawing and disbursing powers is vested with the Chief Accounts Officer.
The process for seeking approval for release of payment files are also being processed in the Central Accounts Section received from the other wings of JMC. The section also complies the Utilization Certificate in respect of Devolution Grant, Plan Funds, CCDP, CSS ETC for submission to Administrative Deptt.
Function & Duties
Prime duties of the Central Accounts Section are as under
- Release of Payments
- Revenue and other Receipts
- Maintenance of Cash Book
- Maintenance of Monthly Accounts
- Maintenance of Bank Accounts
- Yearly Audit Reports
- Reply of Audit Reports of AG and Local Fund Audit Cell
- Clearance of Audit Paras and Formulation of Annual Budget under Devolution grants and supplementary grants
- Disposal of various files relating to accounts matters forwarded by the other wings / sections of the JMC