Removing of encroachments is a regular activity of the Jammu Municipal Corporation. Jammu Municipal Corporation intensified the anti encroachment drive within the limits of this Corporation. During these drives the enforcement wing of this Corporation faces a resistance from the encroachers even at times the encroachers manhandled the staff. The Corporation requires its own police establishment so that effective steps can be taken to curb the menace of encroachment, unauthorized and unplanned constructions.
The Enforcement Wing discharges functions under the provisions of J&K Control of Building Operation Act, 1988 and is responsible for the Enforcement of provisions under this Act such as Enforcement of Building Bye Laws within the areas falling under the jurisdiction of Jammu Municipal Corporation and undertakes anti-encroachment drives on regular basis as per the schedule prepared from time to time to clear the encroachments in markets, footpaths and pavements. During the drives the goods / articles kept by the shopkeepers and vendors by encroaching upon footpaths / pavements are also seized.
Planned growth of any city depends on effective enforcement. But at the same time, if violations are so rampant and widespread, it reflects poorly on the master plan and policy making, which entire public is not ready to respect and violation becomes a norm rather than exception. Will of the govt is the must for taking a uniform action against such large scale violations.
We have 1 Chief Enforcement Officer, 1 Enforcement Officer, 3 Assistant Enforcement Officer (but working as Enforcement Inspector) and 12 Enforcement Inspectors to take care of 71 wards. Despite this, in the past 3 months, the section has following achievements to its credit:
1. 42 Nos. enforcement drives conducted.
2. 226 kgs of polythenes seized & a fine of Rs 66,775/- has been realised from defaulter.
3. Rs. 66,400/- fine recovered from encroachments (tour with Learned Municipal Magistrate)
4. 52 nos. complaints of illegal construction redressed by immediate action.
5. 106 nos. (including pacca Thara/temporary structure demolished from footpath/ Pavement and part of road side) illegal constructions demolished, prominent amongst that are commercial structures of Rupinder Singh, Nanak Nagar, Gurmeet Singh, Gandhi Nagar.
6. All the cases of violations which were beyond permissible limits have been referred to the High Court. No compunding will be accepted for such cases.
- About JMC
- Governing Bodies
- Online Public Grievance System
- Online Birth Certificate
- Online Building Permission
- Online RTI Application
- Online Pay Rent of Municipal Shop/Flat
- Online User Charges
- Online Booking of Septic/water Tank
- Online NOC/License System
- Apply for Rehri License
- GIS Location System
- Contact Us