The Legal section of JMC assists& advice the Corporation in all Legal matters. The Legal issues received from all sections of JMC are examined by this section & legal opinion is also tendered as & when required. This section also makes all necessary arrangements for conduct of court cases pertaining to Hon’ble Supreme Court, National Green Tribunal, Hon’ble High Court, J&K Special Tribunal & all other Sub-ordinate courts wherein the interest of the Corporation/State is involved. The Legal section over all monitors the court cases of JMC, assists the Standing Counsels of JMC before different courts for filing Writ Petitions, Objections & also filing of Appeals before the Next Higher Forums.
Functions & Duties:
- This Section assists,advice & monitors the JMC in all legal matters.
- Drafts W.P, Objections & Appeals before the Next Higher Forums.
- Provides Legal opinion as & when required.
- Monitors the court cases before different forums i.eHon’ble Supreme Court, NGT, Hon’ble High court, J&K Special Tribunal & all other Sub-ordinate courts.
- Assists the Standing Counsels of JMC before different courts.
- Assists the Commissioner during the hearing of 1st Appeals under RTI Act.