The Transport Section of JMC is generally considered as the backbone of our corporation. It has to play an important role in sanitation of areas within the JMC limits. It involves collection, transportation and safe disposal of garbage / refuse into landfall sites at Bhagwati nagar, Jammu.
The Garbage / refuse is disposed off after segregation of wastes into three kinds:-
a) Bio degradable.
b) Bio non- degradable.
c) Constructions wastes.
Besides this, the transport section also provide mechanical transport for lifting of dead animals/ stray Animals/ Dogs etc. within JMC limits for the convenience of general public which otherwise will create nuisance for the Public. Mobile toilet facility, drinking water facility is also provided by the transport section during seasonal functions, festivals like Eid, Dusshara , Navratra , Gurupurab etc. septic tank cleaning is also available for the convenience of general public .
The most important function of Transport section is de silting of Nullah & Deep drains falling with in JMC limits. The Nallahs and deep drains require regular and periodical de-silting specially before the onset of monsoon season so as to avoid any kind of mishappening and inconvenience to the General public. Some of the Nallahas and deep drains are very vulnerable and needs special attention otherwise there can cause major damage in the low lying areas of Jammu. In case of rains water overflow and enter into the houses of local residence.
The desilting of Nallahs and Deep drains has been a big problem in monsoon season and therefore requires special attention in the interest of general public.
It is pertinent to mention here that Transport section is the only section of JMC which attends / redress the complaints of general public throughout 24 hrs (i.e 24 x 7) especially during monsoon season when there is every livelihood of flashflood in trouble shooting nallah’s and water logging in low lying areas of Jammu region .
Staff strength & Work Allocation:
|1||Compost- Cum Transport Officer||1||Attached with CTO section|
|2||Transport Officer||3||One each for three zones|
|3||Work Supervisior||1||For Nallah|
|4||Junior Engineer||1||Retirement very shortly|
|5||Incharge Clerk||1||Office work|
|6||In- Clerck supervisior||1||Office work|
|8||Regular Drivers||45||Attached with Sanitation & Pool Vechiles including compost section|
|9||Contractual Drivers||33||Attached with Sanitation & Pool Vechiles including compost section|
|10||Skilled Labour(NGO Drivers)||22||Attached with Sanitation & Pool Vechiles including compost section|
|11||Regular SKC’s||85||Attached with Sanitation & Pool Vechiles including compost section|
|12||PDL SKC’s||4||Attached with Sanitation & Pool Vechiles including compost section|
|13||Casual SKC’s||45||Attached with Sanitation & Pool Vechiles including compost section|
|14||TDL SKC’s||1||Attached with Sanitation & Pool Vechiles including compost section|
|15||NGO SKC’s||44||Attached with Sanitation & Pool Vechiles including compost section|
|16||Nallah gang Labour(NGO)||155||Desilting of Nallah & deep drains|
|17||Skilled Labour NGO||2||Office for Computer work|
|18||Un- Skilled Labour NGO||5||Office for Manda yard & Jewel yard|
Functions & duties: -1) Proper sanitation of areas falling within limits of JMC areas.
2) To provide clean, pure, hygienic and pollution free environment to the general Public.
3) To deal with any kind of natural calamity like Flood,earthquake, flash flood etc.
4) Proper & adequate de silting of nallahs and deep drains up to Bed level.
5) Make Jammu a ‘’ smart city ’’
Consolidate month wise Municipal Receipt of Transport section JMC
w.e.f 1-4-2015 to 31-12-15 .
|S.No||Month||Septic Tank||Water Tanki||Recovery of Transportation Charges||Payment received by C.A.O JMC||Total|
|7||Oct 2015||31,600||5000||2400||12500/-||Rs. 51500/-|
Total Rs. 590900/-
(Rupees Five lakh Ninety thousand Nine hundred only)
From April 2015 to December. 2015 = Rs. 590900 /-
Physical achievements of transport section:-
1. Daily garbage collection upto 450MT (approx.) from different areas with in the limits of Jammu Municipal Corporation and then disposal to the dumping ground at Bhagwati Nagar .De-siltation of Nallah & deep drains with in the limits of Jammu Municipal Corporation manually as well as by machine.
2. Providing water supply through tankies in organizing social functions & festivals.
3. Thermal fogging carried out with in the limits of JMC regularly as per the roaster.
4. Providing free water and toilet facilaties on organizing yoga camp at yog Ashram, pir khoo, women college parade on International Yoga Day.
5. Providing water tanks, mobile toilet vans, septic tank cleaning machines for Shri Amarnath Yatra.
6. De-watering by pumps in low lying areas during rains.
7. Clearing blockades, lifting mulba & garbage during rains from Nallahs & Deep drains.
8. Sanitation of area in & around MAM Stadium during Republic Day Celebration by providing JCB and Machines .
9. De-silting of Nallah near MAM Stadium & Science College on Republic Day by Nallah gang labour.